Visiting family or friends
Visiting the property in Estonia
Visiting the burial place
Visa for driver
Visa for seamen
Visa for journalist
Visa for twin-cities participants
Schengen visa is valid for the following countries:
Who may submit documents:
- Russian citizens which registered in Saint Petersburg, Leningrad Region, Murmansk, Arkhangelsk, Vologda, Velikiy Novgorod, Republic of Karelia.
- Pskov and Pskov region residents submit documents at visa center of Estonia in Pskov.
- Foreign citizens can submit documents to visa center having registration or permit of stay in Saint Petersburg, Leningrad Region, Murmansk, Arkhangelsk, Vologda, Velikiy Novgorod, Republic of Karelia.
- Russian citizens who have the registration in another region of Russian Federation can submit documents to visa center having temporary registration or proof of employment or study in Saint Petersburg, Leningrad Region, Murmansk, Arkhangelsk, Vologda, Velikiy Novgorod, Republic of Karelia.
Each applicant must be present in person at the visa application centers to provide biometrics to the visa information system (VIS).
For the Russian citizens who have already provided biometric identifiers fingerprints , documents can be submitted by:
- One of the family members with the handwritten letter and copy of documents which prove family relations: for children – birth certificate (original and copy) for spouses — marriage certificate (original and copy), certificate of change of name.
Kindly note that according to the Consulate requirements brothers and sisters cannot apply for each other.
- Authorized representative with the letter of attorney and copy of the civil passport.
- Company representative can apply for business visa with the letter.
- Representative of agencies/companies/ institutions can apply for group (sport team, creative team etc.).
- Parents or official representative can apply for minors or incapacitated persons with proper documentation duly signed, certified along with a copy. Children under the age of 12 are exempt from providing the fingerprints. Their attendance is not required.
Kindly note that foreign citizens must apply personally.
Documents can be submitted not earlier than 90 days before the trip.
Applicants are advised to submit copies and notarized copies of the documents. The originals of the documents should be presented at the time of submission.
If applicant has already a valid schengen visa, a new Estonian schengen visa can be issued after expiry date of the previous one.
In order to facilitate the smooth processing of the application applicants are advised:
- To use only application forms which meet the standards. The application forms are under the link application forms. Forms must be fully complete and signed.
- It is advised,if you plan any other trip or you need to fly before your departure to Estonia and you need the visa by a certain deadline we recommend you to submit additional documents such as copies of your tickets, hotel bookings in the country/ countries you are going to visit. No documents can be attached after the submission.
- Applicants are advised to apply for a visa at the Consulate of the country of the main destination (where applicant intends to stay longer). If the itinerary is planned to make several consecutive stays of approximately the same length in various Schengen States, in this case the applicant should go to the Consulate of the country of the first entry into the Schengen Area.
- If the applicant has two valid international passports both must be submitted; in case only one is valid please provide a copy of the voided passport. The passport must have at least two blank pages to affix the visa and for border stamps.
- If applicant’s surname was changed, proof of that legal change must be submitted (original+copy).
- Kindly note that Consulate reserves the right to request further documentation.
The contesting of decision of refuse in issuing the visa, of declaration of invalidity of visa or of visa revocation.
The decision of refuse in issuing the visa, of declaration of invalidity of visa or of visa revocation can be contested.
To contest this kind of decisions it needs to submit The application to contest in a period of 30 days after receiving a notification of refusal (declaration of invalidity of visa or of visa revocation).
To apply The application to contest it is necessary to make an appointment for the Consul reception.
By phone call to (7 812) 702 09 20; (7 812) 702 09 24 from 09:00 to 12:00.
The fee for processing The application to contest is 20 EUR (only bank-card accepted).
In case of unchanged of contesting decision the applicant has a right to contest that decision in the under the second degree of contesting by providing an application to the Consular department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Estonian Republic in a period of 30 days after receiving a notification of unchanged decision.
f unchanged decision.
Having visa does not give an automatic right for crossing the border
Citizens of the countries apart of Schengen zone, besides of travel document, if requested by border officer, should provide the documents confirming purpose of travel. Please be informed that the border officer has a right to request to provide an amount of money required for the trip.
Privileged treatment of EU citizens family members
EU CITIZENS FAMILY MEMBER—Directive 2004/38/EU.
Directive No. 2004/38 / EC applies only to those family members of citizens who travel with or to a citizen of the European Union (EU).
A family member an EU citizen is a person who is:
1. the spouse of an EU citizen (hereinafter: the spouse),
2. a child under the age of 21 years of an EU citizen or his spouse or an adult dependent child (hereinafter: a dependent child),
3. a dependent parent of an EU citizen or his spouse
4. a person who is not dependent on an EU citizen or who is a family member in a departure country, or who is permanently incapable to exist without assistance, because of a state of health or disability, and the EU citizen is required to personally take care of him.
When applying for a visa, a family member of an EU citizen should provide:
1. completed application form
3. documents confirming a relationship (marriage certificate or birth certificate, etc.).
For the dependent parent, dependent and family member, is required to provide additional certificates as following: a certificate from the social security authority, a certificate of registration at the place of residence, etc.).
Consul has a right to request the legalized documents or with an apostille and the translation of the document if required.
If it is not clear from the affirmative document that one of the parties is an EU citizen, Consul can request a copy of the identity document of the EU citizen from the applicant.
Request for a visa of a family member of an EU citizen is considering in a shortest period and free of charge.